When we see a historic battlefield preserved for research and education, there is always a story. In today’s video, we take a closer look at the battlefield preservation at New Market, how it has secured key portions of the land, and how the efforts continue to secure and interpret new portions of the old battlefield.
Ever wonder why the Virginia Museum of the Civil War sits on George Collins Memorial Parkway? Hint: Mr. Collins spearheaded some of the first official preservation efforts! Learn about his work and more in our new video…
- Early battlefield interest
- The Bushongs – first perservationists?
- George R. Collins: life and preservation efforts
- Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation
- On going preservation efforts
- Why battlefield preservation matters
Thanks for watching!